Thursday, February 05, 2009

What Are YOU Waiting On?

I was sitting at a prayer breakfast during the Trumpet Awards.
The guest speaker was Bishop Eddie L. Long. He spoke about a
private moment that he had with Barack Obama before he became
the President of the United States. Hundreds of community and
business leaders, clergy, members of the media and others were
in the audience.

Sitting in a room in New Orleans a year and a half before he
became the President, Bishop Long asked Obama,

"Why are you running for President?"

I have not seen President Obama's answer revealed in any other
media; although, it's easy for me to have missed it since I don't
generally read newspapers or watch the news.

This was Obama's answer:
"Because I believe God told me to do it."

Then he said, "I'd rather be wrong than sit back and not move."

This issue is not to debate politics at all so don't think in
the vein of politics. Think in this vein:

What has God told YOU to do?

In reply you've said:
It's too hard!
I don't want to do it!
It's not time!
Get someone else!
I've got too much to do!
I'm scared!
I'm not prepared!
It's not popular!
Your reason here_____________________________________!

The key is not if God told someone else something.
Too often we focus on what someone else is doing or not doing
instead of what WE are supposed to be doing. It's easy to focus
on what the "other" person is supposed to be doing.

The key and the big point of your life is: what has God spoken to
your heart, mind and spirit that YOU have failed to follow?

It's probably difficult and it's probably something that for
various reasons you are not particularly inclined to do. If it
were easy and something that you really wanted to do, you would've
most likely have already done it.

Are you sitting back and not moving on what God spoke to YOU?

NOW is the time for you to move even though it's difficult and
even though you've got one or more of the above reasons why you
haven't moved.

So what are YOU waiting on?

~A MountainWings Original~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home